We are a Detroit-based group of advocates for the public protecting our environment, our people, and a sustainable future through community engagement and action. An elevated presence must be committed to bring about awareness that this is not merely the fight of activists for a cause. We are fighting to prevent further devastation of the ONLY planet we have. If there is one thing that will kill off mankind most quickly it is the irresponsible actions of mankind. We have become a virus to this planet, one which appears to be determined to wipe itself out. If not for today, then for tomorrow, and the tomorrows of our children, and their children’s children!
“it seems likely that tomorrow’s children will have to force the current system to change in order to preserve the growth we have long taken for granted.” — Motley Fool, December 23, 2013
- We must listen to the cries of mother earth struggling from the loads of pollution permitted, piling up, and driven higher through our consumerism.
- We must become informed of where things come from, choose products which are friendly and made by your neighbors.
- When you consume be responsible about the waste and durability of items purchased. Plastic in our dumps and incinerators is destroying life.
Move away from FOSSIL FUEL DEPENDENCE as quickly as you can.
- Divest your investments and savings from businesses that continue being fossil fuel developers and supporters.
- Invest in alternative energy that is renewable, delivering clean, low-waste energy.
- Reduce/eliminate your fossil fuel consumption of motor fuel, plastic containers, disposable plastic wrap, plastic toys, plastic electronics, and more. THINK BEFORE YOU BUY!
- Fund green initiatives using natural goods friendly to the earth, our waters, and skies.
Shaping The Future
“Capitalism in its modern form is a very recent phenomenon in human history: we’re only two and a third centuries past Adam Smith’s The Wealth of Nations. It has produced undeniable and huge benefits, but also huge costs: climate instability, depletion of natural resources, pollution on a huge scale, and immiseration and unemployment in the name of progress.” — Charles Stross